- Adds way to configure the voice command via the environment variable
- Allow disabling voice or notification by setting the environment variables
MOB_NOTIFY_COMMAND to an empty string.
- Fixes a bug where a failure in executing the voice command would lead to omitting the notification.
mob config now shows the currently used
mob next --message "custom commit message" as an option to override the commit message during
- Adds flag
--return-to-base-branch (with shorthand
-r) to return to base branch on
mob next. Because ‘mob’ will change the default behavior from returning to the base branch to staying on the wip branch on
mob next, this flag provides the inverse operation of
--stay. If both are provided, the latter one wins.
- Adds flag
-i as a shorthand notation for
- Fixes a bug that prevented
mob start to work when on an outdated the WIP branch
mob next push if there are commits but no changes.
- Fixes a bug where mob couldn’t handle branch names with the ‘/’ character
- Commit message of wip commits is no longer quoted (see #52)
mob start --branch <branch> to allow multiple wip branches in the form of ‘mob//' for a base branch. For example, when being on branch 'main' a `mob start --branch green` would switch to a wip branch named 'mob/main/green'.
mob moo (Thanks Niko for the idea)
MOB_DEBUG in favor of the parameter
MOB_START_INCLUDE_UNCOMMITTED_CHANGES in favor of the parameter
- Show warning if removed configuration option
MOB_WIP_BRANCH is used.
mob start on a branch named
feature1 will switch to the branch
mob/feature1 and will merge the changes back to
mob done. For the
master branch, the
mob-session branch will still work (but this may change in the future, switching to
mob/master at some point).
- Removes configuration options for base branch and wip branch. These are no longer necessary.
mob status added. Thanks to Jeff Langr for that contribution!
- Removes zoom screen share integration.
- Less git commands necessary for ‘mob start’
- Mob automatically provides sound output on windows without any installation
- Fixes a bug where boolean environment variables such as
MOB_NEXT_STAY set to any value (including empty value) falsely activated their respective option.
mob start when joining a mob session. It uses
git checkout -B mob-session origin/mob-session to override any local
mob-session in the process. It reduces the amount of commands necessary and makes the mob tool more predictable: the
origin/mob-session always contains the truth.
mob share command. You can still enable the zoom integration via
mob start 10 share although this is now DEPRECATED and will eventually be removed in the future.
mob start prints out untracked files as well
mob start --include-uncommitted-changes now includes untracked files in the stash ‘n’ pop as well
- keying in an unknown command like
mob conf will internally call
mob help to print out the usage options instead of calling
- fixed a bug where overriding
MOB_START_INCLUDE_UNCOMMITTED_CHANGES via an environment variable could print out a wrong value (didn’t affect any logic, just wrong console output)
git push command now uses the
- New homepage available at https://mob.sh
mob config prints configuration using the environment variable names which allow overriding the values
- Fixes bug that prevented users wih git versions below 2.21 to be able to use ‘mob’.