- If you renamed the executable or use a symlink to use a different name,
mob will detect the new name and use that in its console output.
- Improves error handling when using
mob start -i. When the working directory is a subdirectory that would be removed due to
git stash the mob tool will tell the user about this and aborts with an error.
- Fixes a bug which let
mob version fail when run outside of a git repository.
- Allow to override the text in the notification and the voice via environment variables
- Allow to override the stash name used for stashing uncommitted changes via the environment variable
- Allow to override the cli name of the tool via
MOB_CLI_NAME so you can use
team, or whatever you like best, instead of
mob. Just install the
mob tool, set an alias in your cli and set the environment variable
MOB_CLI_NAME to the name of your alias.
- Print current time after mob start. This helps when scrolling through the terminal to distinguish the mob start calls.
- Show commit hash of WIP commits made by the
mob tool on the console.
mob start --include-uncommitted-changes now fails fast. That means, if
mob can detect any issue preventing it to succeed, it will exit BEFORE calling
git stash. This will make error recovery much easier as one doesn’t have to think about applying any stashes by themselves.
mob next does not show the same committer multiple times in the list of previous committers.
mob next does not suggest the current Git user to be the next typist as long as there were other persons involved in the mob.
mob next performs a simple lookahead to also suggest persons who might have been absent only during the last mob round.
- When user.name is not set in the git config, mob no longer shows an error but a warning with a help how to fix it.
- Allows creating parallel mob sessions on the same repository more easily.
mob branch shows all remote mob branches currently available.
mob fetch fetches the remote state, so you have everything up to date locally. Helpful to combine with
mob status and
mob branch who don’t fetch by themselves.
mob start fails, the timer no longer starts to run.
- Less noisy output: Only show number of unpushed commits in output if there are more than 0.
- Add experimental command
mob squash-wip to squash any WIP commits in the wip branch into a following manual commit using
git rebase --interactive with
mob as the temporary
- The order of the latest commit is now reversed, the latest one is shown last.
- Add experimental configuration option
MOB_WIP_BRANCH_PREFIX to configure the
mob/ prefix to some other value.
- The list of commits included in a mob branch is now truncated to a maximum of 5 entries to prevent the need for scrolling up in order to see the latest included changes.
- Show more informative error message when
mob <cmd> is run outside of a git repository.
- Add environment variable MOB_TIMER which allows setting a default timer duration for
mob start and
mob timer commands.
- Add automatic co-author attribution. Mob will collect all committers from a WIP branch and add them as co-authors in the final WIP commit.
- added support for preventing
mob start if there are unpushed commits
- better output if one passes a negative number for the timer
- The default
MOB_COMMIT_MESSAGE now includes
[ci skip] and
[skip ci] so that all the typical CI systems (including Azure DevOps) will skip this commit.
--squash option to
mob done that corresponds to
- Fixes the default text to speech command on linux and osx.
MOB_DEBUG environment variable (has been deprecated for some time).
- Add environment variable
MOB_REQUIRE_COMMIT_MESSAGE which you could set to true to require a commit message other than the default one.
- Fixes a bug where you could not run
mob start --branch feature-1 because feature-1 contained a dash.
- Fixes a bug which prevented the sound output of ‘mob next’ and ‘moo’ on windows
- Add optional
mob done to keep commits from wip branch.
- Add environment variable
MOB_DONE_SQUASH to configure the
mob done behaviour.
MOB_DONE_SQUASH=false is equal to passing flag
- Special thanks to @jbrains, @koeberlue, @gregor_riegler for making this release happen, obviously, in a remote mob session.
MOB_WIP_BRANCH_QUALIFIER_SEPARATOR now defaults to ‘-‘.
MOB_NEXT_STAY now defaults to ‘true’.
- Proposed cli commands like
mob start --include-uncommitted-changes are now shown on a separate line to allow double clicking to copy in the terminal.
- Add way to configure
MOB_WIP_BRANCH_QUALIFIER via an environment variable instead of
--branch parameter. Helpful if multiple teams work on the same repository.
- Add way to configure
MOB_WIP_BRANCH_QUALIFIER_SEPARATOR via an environment variable. Defaults to ‘/’. Will change to ‘-‘ in future versions to prevent branch naming conflicts (one cannot have a branch named
mob/main and a branch named
mob/main cannot be a file and a directory at the same time).
- Adds way to configure the voice command via the environment variable
- Allow disabling voice or notification by setting the environment variables
MOB_NOTIFY_COMMAND to an empty string.
- Fixes a bug where a failure in executing the voice command would lead to omitting the notification.
mob config now shows the currently used
mob next --message "custom commit message" as an option to override the commit message during
- Adds flag
--return-to-base-branch (with shorthand
-r) to return to base branch on
mob next. Because ‘mob’ will change the default behavior from returning to the base branch to staying on the wip branch on
mob next, this flag provides the inverse operation of
--stay. If both are provided, the latter one wins.
- Adds flag
-i as a shorthand notation for
- Fixes a bug that prevented
mob start to work when on an outdated the WIP branch
mob next push if there are commits but no changes.
- Fixes a bug where mob couldn’t handle branch names with the ‘/’ character
- Commit message of wip commits is no longer quoted (see #52)
mob start --branch <branch> to allow multiple wip branches in the form of ‘mob//' for a base branch. For example, when being on branch 'main' a `mob start --branch green` would switch to a wip branch named 'mob/main/green'.
mob moo (Thanks Niko for the idea)
MOB_DEBUG in favor of the parameter
MOB_START_INCLUDE_UNCOMMITTED_CHANGES in favor of the parameter
- Show warning if removed configuration option
MOB_WIP_BRANCH is used.
mob start on a branch named
feature1 will switch to the branch
mob/feature1 and will merge the changes back to
mob done. For the
master branch, the
mob-session branch will still work (but this may change in the future, switching to
mob/master at some point).
- Removes configuration options for base branch and wip branch. These are no longer necessary.
mob status added. Thanks to Jeff Langr for that contribution!
- Removes zoom screen share integration.
- Less git commands necessary for ‘mob start’
- Mob automatically provides sound output on windows without any installation
- Fixes a bug where boolean environment variables such as
MOB_NEXT_STAY set to any value (including empty value) falsely activated their respective option.
mob start when joining a mob session. It uses
git checkout -B mob-session origin/mob-session to override any local
mob-session in the process. It reduces the amount of commands necessary and makes the mob tool more predictable: the
origin/mob-session always contains the truth.
mob share command. You can still enable the zoom integration via
mob start 10 share although this is now DEPRECATED and will eventually be removed in the future.
mob start prints out untracked files as well
mob start --include-uncommitted-changes now includes untracked files in the stash ‘n’ pop as well
- keying in an unknown command like
mob conf will internally call
mob help to print out the usage options instead of calling
- fixed a bug where overriding
MOB_START_INCLUDE_UNCOMMITTED_CHANGES via an environment variable could print out a wrong value (didn’t affect any logic, just wrong console output)
git push command now uses the
- New homepage available at https://mob.sh
mob config prints configuration using the environment variable names which allow overriding the values
- Fixes bug that prevented users wih git versions below 2.21 to be able to use ‘mob’.